Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Breakfast (Cafe da Manha) in Brasil

I know I've talked about food in Brasil before, but it seems no one tires of hearing how wonderful the food is. Breakfast is no exception. Juice, fruit, meats, cheeses, breads, cakes. You have it all in a typical colonial-style breakfast.

Now for the but part. But...

If you are looking for an American-type breakfast with eggs, hashbrowns, toast, there is no place to find it, and after a while, you begin to miss the things you once took for granted.

I think one of the first places I went after coming back to America was a place called Tee-Jay's in Columbus, Ohio, famous for it's barnbuster breakfast. I didn't have that exact breakfast because it is way too much food, but I did have eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast, as I always had before moving to Brasil, and I loved every bite. Now that I'm back in the states, I miss the typical Brasilian breakfast. See? There's just no pleasing some folks.

Til Next Time, Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment