Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cats (Gatos) in Brasil


It was my observation while living in Southern Brasil that (1) most Brasilians prefer dogs over cats as pets probably 2 to 1; and (2) most of the cats I saw in Brasil are skinny and have short hair. That is not to say that they aren’t cute and it's not to say there aren't the same types of cats as in America, it's just that the short hair variety is predominant. I’ve never met a cat or a kitten I didn’t like, and the ones in Brasil are no exception.

Those of you, who know me and my cats, know that they are huge and they are long hairs. Everyone in Brasil who saw my cats could not believe how big they were and how gentle. I had many people ask me to breed them, but darn it all, they’ve all been fixed. I might have had one great business down there breeding my type of Maine Coon cats.

Hmmm, gotta go. I think I saw an ad on Craigslist for some Maine Coon kittens…..

Til Later, Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment