Friday, August 21, 2015

Florida Looked Like Southern Brasil Yesterday

As many of  you know, I have relocated to Florida after spending a couple of years in Brasil back in 2006-2008...I miss Brasil. When it rains here, I sometimes think I am back in Brasil.

Being situated in the middle of the Mata-Atlantica Rain Forest, the towns I lived in in the state of Santa Catarina were very wet. When it rained, it poured, but surprisingly, there was very little lightening.

Here, in Central Florida, I live in one of the lightening capitals of the world and yesterday's storms lent credibility to that claim. The winds kicked up, the skies got ominously dark, and the heavens opened up. God roared, and we all kept a safe distance.

Being the risk-taker in the family though, I couldn't resist taking a few photographs and even a video of the action at the height of one of the storms. If this were a sunny day, the sun would have still been out, but it got so dark, it looked like it was 9 or 10 o'clock at night.

We survived--didn't even get any hail--but it was spectacular. While I wished I was back in Brasil, I was happy to be in the middle of one of the most awesome storms I can remember in a very long time.

Thank you Mother Nature. You put on a show no matter where I am, just when I need it the most.

The Tempest rages
Light'ning crashes all around
Behold the fury...


Tchau,

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment