Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pirabieraba (Peer-ah-beer-ah-bah

I come back to this place in my mind all the time for the calmness it brings. From the small, quaint town of Pirabieraba with its many shops and cafes through rural areas where the mountains meet the road, and on up into the mountains on a winding road that brings you past waterfalls and roadside stands ready to sell fruits and homemade goods to all the travelers. There is so much beauty, that sometimes it overwhelms.

This is a magical place to me. Never once was I bored living there and never once was I unhappy to be there. And if the situation were right again in my life and I was asked where I’d like to live in Brasil, it would be this beautiful corner of the world that took my breath away the first time I saw it, and continues to do so today.

No comments:

Post a Comment